🔔
🔎

What's your favorite mechanical kitchen gadget?

Uruguay2010_61

Dishwasher

I just bought a Vitamix but haven't taken it out for a test drive yet.

@usuba dashi. "Dishwasher". Well, yes he is somewhat mechanical.

Okay. The cheapo Japaneese Benriner mandoline slicer.
And tho rarely used the Benriner vegetable turner for turning out threads of raddishes, carrots..and potatoes for frying into nests.
And this peanut butter stirrer. For natural PB it's great and solves the problem of ejecting oil everywhere when you try to mix it.

Peanut-butter-mixer

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

magic bullet and the slap chop

Dsc_0048b

I need one of these pb stirrers!!

Amazon has the PB Stirrer. It's very much a single task gadget, but I love mine, because I hate the mess of mixing in oil to PB. Cheap too, about 10 bucks.

As for the "magic bullet". I have a blender, and a vitamix. They don't replace a blender, food processor, etc; but for making a quick smoothy in the go cup or a protean drink, it's been used quite a lot. Mine isn't a magic bullet brand, just a simple one with a few go-cups--quick clean up and easy to make when you're half asleep in the morning.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

my stone grinder that I use for making batter for South Indian dosa & idlis. its a table top version of those stone grinders used to grind cocoa nibs.

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

I love my food mill and use it all the time. My second choice is my pressure cooker which I use several times a week.

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

My great aunt Helen, had one of these in her kitchen. We used it until it finally broke. I was so pleased to find another one in a local consignment shop. It works like a charm, lifts off the bracket so that you can pour out the juice, and has a built in strainer. Plus it looks wonderful in my vintage-ish kitchen.

2011-04-09_08-39-23_118

My meat grinder and my sausage stuffer are # 1. But my foodprocessor is # 2 as it is so useful for charcuterie.

Jc_profilepic

Speaking of gadgets, my daughter just discovered that the gridded metal plates of my circa '88 waffle iron can be flipped over to form a makeshift panini press! But my favorite is a tie between my stand mixer and my food processor.

My coffee grinder. Without it, all the other objects, mechanical and otherwise, would never be touched.