Know of any menu-planning resources?

Is there a website or app that is specifically devoted to menu planning? I'd also be interested in hearing how all of you go about menu-planning, if you have any tips besides just racking your brain for ideas.

asked by linzarella over 3 years ago
Gator_cake

Epicurious has some planned menu options you can use. http://www.epicurious.com...

Buddhacat

If you mean weekly menu planning, just google it. There are a lot of resources online to support weekly planning and shopping. If you are interested in specific meals, I also use hardlikearmour's recommended epicurious site and most of my cookbooks have menu suggestions.

Sunshine-small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Funny you should bring it up... we're actually cooking up (sorry, couldn't resist) a way for you fine folk here at Food52 to combine multiple recipes into menus.

In other words, anyone could pick and choose from among the thousands of recipes of Food52 to create and share your own custom combinations of dishes.

What do you think? Is this something you'd enjoy?

Photo

Peter, that sounds so great. Balancing flavors and textures of multiple dishes, matching a menu to the season and the occasion, is just as much of an art as designing an individual recipe. I'd be really excited to see what the creative community of food52 could come up with here.

Buddhacat

Peter, yes yes and yes! Keep thinking - it is working.

Cakes

There are several free apps for the iPhone. You can find them within the Category icon under "Lifestyle"..type in "menu planner".