🔎

A question about a recipe: Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing

I have a question about the recipe "Dilled, Crunchy Sweet-Corn Salad with Buttermilk Dressing" from creamtea.

What can I use in place of " thin syle European yogurt" ?

Thanks so much!

Food52_07-05-11-72
Dsc00859_2
creamtea added almost 3 years ago

You can use regular style yogurt, just stir well and maybe add a bit of water or milk to thin it out. ("European Style" is available at Trader Joe's, if you have one near you).

SaltyPaws added almost 3 years ago

Hi again! Thank you for your response... Coinsidently I ended up going to Trader Joes before I saw your response :))) I ended up buying their plain kefir, thinking that might work ? If not, I will use your suggestion to use regular yogurt thinned out with milk ...
Elizabeth

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added almost 3 years ago

I think you could try the kefir. It will give a nice tang. Maybe dip a bit of cuke and taste before adding it to the main salad for a good balance of tang and salt.

SaltyPaws added almost 3 years ago

I used the kefir and altho it made a thin dressing, I really liked it alot! The second time I made this recipe I added a squeeze of honey to the dressing and that worked as well...

jet53 added over 1 year ago

Actually, with that much buttermilk in the dressing, you could use any kind of yogurt you like, even thick Greek yogurt. I suggest you pick based on taste, and rest assured you can always thin it with a touch more buttermilk or water if need be.

Lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby added over 1 year ago

I use the Greek yogurt with the real buttermilk all the time when I make this salad. And i make this salad A LOT! Greek yogurt is always on hand in my fridge.