how long can you leave raw steak in the fridge before it goes bad?

asked by buttafliez0325 almost 3 years ago

please let me kno ur thoughts bcuz my boyfriend is hungry and he's looking at me like where's dinner but i dont think i should cook it bcuz its been in the fridge raw!

Chris_in_oslo

about 4 days.

also, the package will usually say something to the effect of "use or freeze by:" and a date. if you're before that date, i would say you're most likely good, but by all means, look at it, smell it, poke at it, if anything looks or smells or feels funky, throw it out!

3-4 days.

Uruguay2010_61

If in a paper wrap package, there is nothing better than your nose to tell you if something has gone bad . . . so give it a whiff. If it is in a vacuum packaging, it should have a shelf life of 28 days from the day it was cut and packaged. Meat in vacuum packaging will have a methane smell to it when first opened, this is normal. It will blow off in a few minutes and the color of the steak will bloom was it hits air.