FREE Standard Shipping Through Monday. Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Pan Seared Salmon w/ French Green Lentils

Dsc_0005

I have a question about the recipe "Pan Seared Salmon w/ French Green Lentils" from mtlabor. Do you think the prepared lentils could be frozen and then thawed and reheated for serving at a later date? I'd love to serve this to guests, but don't want to spend all the prep time away from the party. What do you think?

asked by lambchop about 3 years ago
Junechamp

Although you can freeze cooked lentils, when you're serving to "company" why compromise them? You can make the lentil part of the dish earlier in the day, or even the day before and refrigerate. Then all you'll need is to heat them gently.

Freezing lentils definitely breaks them down some.

Notgood

I agree with June, but I also know that during the day-of a dinner party, I don't want to be frantically running around the kitchen cooking all day - so do what you feel most comfortable with. If you have time, make the lentils in the morning, or even the day before - and refrigerate them to reheat right before dinner. But if you want to make them a few days before and freeze them, you can do that too!

Thanks ChefJune and mtlabor!