🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant_parm

I have a question about freezing the eggplant from the recipe "Eggplant Parmesan" from Nancy Jo. I wanted to freeze my large eggplant harvest and wondered how the eggplant would hold up if I browned it in oven (as recipe states) and then froze it? Would the texture hold up in a pasta or parm recipe in a couple months?

asked by breakbread about 3 years ago
Me

According to the University of Illinois extension, the best way is to clice them 1/3" thick, blanched them for four minutes in a gallon of water with 1/2 cup lemon juice and then vacuum seal or freeze in ziplock bags. They recommend putting freezer wrap between the slices if you want to try them up later.

Me

According to the University of Illinois extension, the best way is to slice them 1/3" thick, blanched them for four minutes in a gallon of water with 1/2 cup lemon juice and then vacuum seal or freeze in ziplock bags. They recommend putting freezer wrap between the slices if you want to try them up later.

Thank you for the info. I had viewed info that was different if it was prebaked but couldn't reconstruct my links! I'm going for it baked and wrapping slices between waxed paper in freezer. They are beautiful right out of the oven. Great method by NancyJo. Will know more in another couple months, when I retrieve my frozen harvest.

it like mussakkar cheese egg plant and mince meat