A question about a recipe: Chocolate to the Power of 4 Brownies (With a Healthy Option)

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate to the Power of 4 Brownies (With a Healthy Option)" from boulangere.
How do I edit an existing recipe or add photos to it?

asked almost 3 years ago

Ok, I figured out how to edit. But I still can't figure out how to add photos.

Sunshine-small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

Picture_1 Boulangere, I assume you saw a green "edit" button below the photo on your recipe? (Please let me know if you did or not, as we've had reports of this button going missing!).

As far as adding photos, do you not see a green "add photos" button right next to the "edit" button? Please let us know! (You can see sample of the buttons in the image I attached.)

Peter, on the list of Recipes I've Added, at the far right side is the green Edit button, but no Add Photo button. On the recipe itself, no buttons. Thanks very much, Peter.

By the way, I use a Mac, if that matters.

3-bizcard

I just looked at my recipe for roast turkey and there is not even an edit button nor a button to add photo's. I will check the others also.

Sunshine-small
Peter

sdebrango, may I ask whether you're on a Mac or PC? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari? And if you know, which version of that browser?

3-bizcard

I just saw the edit button I thought you had to click on the recipe to edit but its before that, however there is no button for adding a photo.

3-bizcard

I have a mac with safari

3-bizcard

Its OS X, sorry I have to keep doing this I can't edit the answers.

Sunshine-small
Peter

Ah, so you're saying you DO see the "edit" button there above your ingredient list... you just don't see an "add a photo" button? Correct? I'd still like to know what browser you're on if you have a moment.

3-bizcard

when I click on my recipes to the right is an edit button but still no add photo when I click on the recipe I see where you can see all photo's by clicking on the arrow but can't add photo's. I was accustomed to clicking on the recipe first before editing. So yes I can edit.

3-bizcard

If you click on the recipe there is no edit function not above or to the side of the ingredients. The edit button is on the page with the list of all recipes to the right of the tags

Sunshine-small
Peter

Ok, clarity! It sounds like the "edit recipe" and "add a photo" buttons are missing from the page when you view individual recipes you created. We'll fix that as soon as we can. For now, you can edit a recipe by clicking the "edit recipe" button you see when you view the list of recipes you've created on your profile. Thanks for bearing with us as we turn up these annoying bugs.

Yes, that is correct. No "edit" or "add a photo" buttons on the page of the actual recipe. Only the "edit" button on the list of recipes I added. So for now, is it correct that we can edit from the list page, but not add photos anywhere?

Sunshine-small
Peter

Correct, though this should be fixed within a day or two. (Actually, if you had the image ready, you'd still be able to add it when you CREATE a new recipe as the next thing you see after saving a new recipe is the form for adding photos. But I suggest just hanging in there -- don't go recreating recipes!)

Thank you profoundly, Peter. I have a photo of the brownies that Nicole took today in which she arranged the slices (we baked them in a pie plate) and dusted them with powdered sugar so that I swear they look like a forest of Christmas trees. I'll hang onto it until I can post it appropriately.

3-bizcard

No problem Peter, thank you very much. I know how much you all do and so appreciate it. What you all are doing is monumental. Thank you and all of the food52 staff for all of your hard work. Love the new site.