🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies

Espresso_cookie

I have a question about the ingredient "2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter" on the recipe "Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. Just wanted to make sure, is it two quarters, or two whole and a quarter sticks? Thanks! :)

asked by seeifyouswim about 3 years ago

The recipe clearly states 2 1/4 sticks of butter!

Yes, I read that. I don't bake a lot, so I was confused. Since the butter I have comes in individually wrapped 1/4 sticks, I wasn't sure if I needed to use two of those, or nine (to total 2.25 sticks). I'm guessing it's the latter, then. That just seems like a lot of butter.

3-bizcard

2 1/4 sticks is not too much for this recipe. My chocolate chip cookie recipe uses two whole sticks or 8 oz of butter. Don't worry its sometimes hard to know exactly what is meant, sometimes it makes it easier if you use weight measurements it makes it a little easier to understand. This is a fantastic recipe, I know you will enjoy!

Thank you for actually answering my question! :)

3-bizcard

Let us know how they turn out! You are welcome!

Add your answer here

Whoops, Ignore that. Was trying to only submit the "no need to email me as answers are added" thing. My apologies for being a noob.