If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a stranger's picnic basket. I was at a concert about 15 years ago and we were having some wine listening to the municipal band play and next to me there were a group of friends sharing a few laughs and cheers; we all exchange food and the wine freely flowed, I remember the explosion of flavors in my mouth that within a week I was able to reproduced the explosive roll. I learn to cook by taste therefore a recipe was not required, this may even have a twist of its own from the original once shared... never saw him again... but the roll is a quick and delightful treat to share as in appetizer or in your picnic basket! —Zaid
- 1/2 pound prossuto de parma
- 1 packet fresh arugula
- 1/2 pound mission figs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- cut the stems of the figs and cut them into quarters lengthwise
- using a cutting board, carefully spread a slice of prosciutto at a time
- Add few leaves of arugula in one end of the slice allowing it to come out a bit from the prosciutto
- using 2 teaspoons for scooping and scraping goat cheese which can be a bit sticky, scoop approximately 1 teaspoon of goat cheese on top of the arugula ; you may also use plane dental floss
- add about 4 quarters of figs spreading it evenly on top of the cheese
- sprinkle fresh ground pepper and drizzle olive oil
- using both hands, start rolling the prosciutto tightly without squeezing ingredients out
- repeat process until you run out of prosciutto
- place them in a platter and sprinkle more pepper and olive and enjoy!