Author Notes: This cheesy tart is full of winter vegetables, making it hearty enough to serve for lunch with a steaming bowl of soup on the side. It is also great for brunch.
Other varieties of cheese may be substituted.
- 1 2/3 cup finely crushed buttery flavor crackers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 6 ounces trimmed and chopped fresh spinach
- 6 ounces trimmed and chopped fresh kale
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, put cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with melted butter. Work together with a fork. Press into bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add sour cream, seasoning, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Beat until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in cheeses.
- Stir in spinach, kale, and onions. Pour over crust. Bake on center rack for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool to room temperature.
- May serve at room temperature or chilled. Cut into wedges to serve. Garnish as desired. Serves 10.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)