If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ricotta is a very diverse ingredient that plays well with both sweet and savory flavors. Here, the natural sweetness of butternut squash is enhanced by roasting and balanced by peppery arugula and balsamic. The ricotta stands up surprisingly well to all of these strong ingredients. - meganvt01
- 1 good quality baguette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler and move an oven rack to the top position.
- Slice the baguette diagonally.
- Using a kitchen brush, brush extra virgin olive oil on each of the baguette slices and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Broil for one to two minute per side until golden and crispy but not too hard.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Toss the butternut squash, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden, but not mushy.
- While the squash is still hot, mix with the arugula. The heat of the squash will wilt the arugula. Set aside
- Put the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer, cooking until reduced by 1/2. set aside.
- Mix the lemon zest into the ricotta. Set aside.
- Slather 2 tablespoons of ricotta onto the crostini. Top with 2 tablespoons of the squash arugula mixture. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta