If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy, quick, and quite flavorful brunch dish-- or weeknight meal-in-a-bowl-- which lends itself well to substitution or experimentation. - Bows+Arrows
- 2 eggs
- 3 bacon strips, chopped into lardons
- 4 small brown mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup leeks, sliced into thin rings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup arugula, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- cayenne and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon lardons when hot, and fry until nearly crisp.
- Remove cooked bacon into ramekin or stoneware bowl, along with 1/4 of bacon grease.
- Sauté mushrooms and leeks in the greased skillet, stirring often, until both are tender, about three minutes. Add garlic and arugula, and sauté for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove cooked ingredients into ramekin with bacon. Form an indent in the middle of ramekin, and crack two eggs into depression. Be sure to keep yolks from touching the edge of bowl, or they will set too quickly.
- Put ramekin in preheated oven. Bake for ~6 minutes, until egg whites are nearly set.
- Remove ramekin and sprinkle Parmesan, cayenne, and black pepper on eggs. Turn on broiler and return ramekin to oven.
- Broil for ~2 minutes, until whites have set but yolks still run. Remove and serve immediately.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.