If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is not really a Jewish\Israeli high holiday without beef This salad represent a New Year blessing for as many good wishes for the up coming year as the number of the seeds in a pomegranate. You should have pretty good year after eating this salad since it is not only very tasty, sweet and sour, but also pretty healthy. Not your usual appetizer salad. - Cordeliah
Serves 10-12 as appetizer
- 2 cups medium course burglar
- 5 dates cut into small pieces
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 3/4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup small red onion
- 1/2 cup pine nuts roasted lightly in a dry pan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentration
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper
- 1. Submerge the burglar in a lot of hot tap water for an hour or so, until soft but not mushy. 2. Drain well. 3. Put in a bowl and add all other ingredients except for the pine nuts. 4. Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well and pour on the burglar mixture and mix well. 5. Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour and even over night. 6. Add the pine nuts just before serving, so they won't become soggy. 7. Optional: add thinly cut mint leaves from bout 3-4 springs
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.