If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s a lot easier to try different things in the summer when the farmer’s market is bursting with goodies. This chilled salad is a great accompaniment for a sandwich, grilled meats or even pot roast. The sweet raisins, tangy and creamy flavors of the sauce make each cauliflower floret "pop" in your mouth and the pine nuts add even more crunchy texture. - Kukla
Serves 4 to 6
- • 1 medium very fresh Cauliflower head
- • ½ cup golden raisins
- • ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- • 1 tablespoon Dry Sherry
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1 heaping teaspoon lemon zest
- • 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves (chopped)
- • ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- • Coarse salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Separate the Cauliflower, cut of all of the stems, and separate again to as small flowers as you can. Combine them in a large bowl with raisins. In a smaller bowl mix together mayonnaise, Dry Sherry, lemon juice, lemon zest; salt and pepper to taste, add chopped tarragon.
- Mix in this sauce to the Cauliflower and raisins. Taste one more time for seasoning. Transfer to a serving dish and scatter the pine nuts on top. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.