If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't do mushrooms but my husband and I were out to dinner one night and the restaurant has a mushroom pesto which, to my surprise, tasted delicious. I decided to try this at home. This is my own take on mushroom pesto and I will actually eat it and lots of it! - Spinklet
- 1 3/4 cups Mushrooms - Chopped
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Fennel Root - Chopped
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion - Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - Medium Size - Diced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 cup Basil - Fresh
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Toast the Pine Nuts and Pecans over medium heat in a saute pan for 4 minutes, remove and put in a food processor.
- Using the same pan, add one tablespoon olive oil and add the mushrooms, fennel, onion, garlic and turmeric. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, remove ingredients and add to the food processor.
- Add the basil to the food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and slowly add the remaining olive oil to the mixture. Blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy with Sea Salt Bagel Crisps!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup