Author Notes: Inspired by Anthony Bourdain's Mushroom Soup at Les Halles, this is easy, filling, and so perfect for a cold night. - ModernSwap
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 spring parsley
- 4 ounces dry sherry (do not use cooking sherry)
- fresh cracked pepper
- black truffle oil
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter and saute onion until soft but not brown.
- Add remaining butter, melt, and then stir in mushrooms. Saute 8 minutes.
- Add sprig of parsley and stock to pot. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cover pot and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and puree with immersion blender in pot.
- Stir in sherry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Serve with crusty French bread and brie cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms