If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend of mine gave me a small bottle of authentic black truffle oil from Italy for my birthday. It is the most luscious ingredient I've ever used in my cooking. So I've been experimenting with it (sparingly) and discovered this delightful dish that could be made easily with ingredients found every day in your refrigerator. For instance:
Don't have truffle oil? Use high quality EVOO instead
Don't have wild mushrooms? Use baby bellas
Don't have Israeli Cous Cous? Use regular cous cous, farro, barley, or orzo
Don't have basil? Use parsley
Don't have Meyer Lemon? Use regular lemon
The variations are endless although I think this version will be my favorite. And I think the best part of this dish (next to the truffle oil) is that it can be made in less than 30 minutes! - ModernSwap
Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
- 1 cup pearled (Israeli) cous cous
- 3/4 pound wild mushrooms, mixed varieties (for mine I used chanterelle, oyster, and baby bella)
- 1 meyer lemon
- 1/4 cup packed coarsely chopped basil
- 1/4 fresh grated parmesan (I like using a microplane to get a really fine shred)
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook cous cous according to packaging and when done remove from heat.
- Wash mushrooms and then chop into large bite size pieces. Dry saute (do not add oil or liquid) over medium heat until liquids start to release and mushrooms brown and soften - about 8 minutes.
- While cous cous and mushrooms are cooking, zest lemon and then squeeze juice into a medium sized serving bowl.
- Add shredded parmesan and basil to bowl and mix together gently.
- By now your mushrooms and cous cous are done. Allow both to cool a bit before mixing into the bowl - you want to mix while warm but not hot.
- Drizzle with truffle oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!