If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Where most stroganoffs are rich messes of overcooked meat in goopy sauce, this mushroom version is light and fresh with bright, floral notes from the sherry and a little bit of spice. A dollop of sour cream added to each diner’s plate adds a touch of creaminess without thickening the sauce too much. - HealthyDelicious
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Egg noodles and sour cream for serving
- Melt the olive oil and butter together in a heavy pot set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they become very soft and begin to turn golden – about 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 cup sherry, sage, salt, peppercorns, and pepper. Whisk in the cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms soften and the liquid has cooked off. Turn the heat to high and add the remaining sherry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, allowing it reduce into a thick sauce.
- Serve over top of noodles with a dollop of sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.