If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well...maybe a pan, but pea shoots, garden peas and sugar snaps all meet with pasta and parmesan. And what better than mint with peas? - inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 16 ounces dry linguini
- Enough chicken broth to cook the linguini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups young pea shoots, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 cups shelled garden peas
- 10 to 15 torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated parmesan
- Parmesan shavings for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the linguini in the broth, reserving 2 cups of the broth.
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic and crushed red pepper gently in the olive oil until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the sugar snaps and then the pea shoots and peas and saute until the pea shoots just begin to wilt.
- Add the pasta and about one cup of the reserved broth and toss.
- Stir in the mint and parmesan and more broth if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with the parmesan shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.