Author Notes: In order to keep the red cabbage salad crunchy, the salad is best eaten fresh or the dressing’s full flavor will dull. If you want to serve a crowd and are using a full head of cabbage, keep the dressing and salad separate, until you're ready to serve it. This dressing tastes a bit like Asian sesame paste in combination with all the other ingredients—almost peanuty. It’s got a lovely crunch from miso’s texture and inherent saltiness. All the other ingredients keep it in balance by adding earthy sweetness (cabbage, honey, carrots). I think this dressing would also be great with a lot of other veggies: like steamed broccoli or bok choy. This dish pairs well with Crabcakes, too. - NakedBeet
Serves 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tsp yellow miso paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 the juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced (1/2 of a medium head)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 5 whole green onions, chopped
- Put the shredded cabbage, green onions and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a separate container, put in the miso paste, honey, rice vinegar, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, and the lime juice. Emulsify the dressing and incorporate it into the cabbage salad.