If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe that celebrates spring through the use of peas. The garnish is spring-y too, since it uses pea shoots, chive blossom flowers (from my garden), and huge mint leaves (also from the garden!) It's a bowl of spring in a bowl. - VivekS —VivekS
Food52 Review: The cool colors of this velvety soup—pale green, deep emerald, lavender—had us at hello. It’s almost too beautiful to eat but when you do, you find it's light and subtle, a starter rather than a main. Those looking for more robust flavor may want to use chicken stock in lieu of water and up the garlic quotient ever so slightly. - Kukharka —Kukharka
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 20 ounces fresh, shelled peas
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1/4 cup chive blossom flowers
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Get a pot over medium heat and add some olive oil. Saute the onion and garlic until translucent – do not brown. Season with salt and pepper and add water. Allow the water to come to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Add about 2 tablespoons of mint and all the peas. Cook the peas for about 8-10 minutes until they are bright green and tender. Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup of mint.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend on high until completely pureed. Pass the soup through a strainer for a completely smooth soup. Set in the fridge for about 4 hours, or overnight, to chill.
- Combine the rest of the mint with the yogurt and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Put a dollop of minted yogurt on top. Toss the pea shoots with some olive oil and place on top of the yogurt. Scatter some of those chive blossom flowers around the bowl and dot with some extra virgin olive oil!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.