If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a dinner party we were throwing on a Saturday night. We had a nauseated pregnant woman, two three year olds and "the rest of us." (Three adults with healthy appetites.) Did I mention the huge car repair bill that came out of the blue? Yeah. Let's not forget about that one. So, what do you cook on a non-existent budget? Mommy's yummy green toast! -corkage —Corkage
- 1 pound Fresh Spinach
- 1 Loaf Rustic Bread
- 4 pieces Marinated Feta Cubes, sliced or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Steam the spinach and strain but do not blot dry. Since it is going under the broiler you want a little moisture to remain.
- Slice 1/2 the loaf of artisan bread into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices. Then halve each slice.
- Place on broiler pan, top with spinach and crumbled or sliced feta. Broil at 350 for 15 minutes or until bread is golden brown but not burned.
- Serve immediately, with copious amounts of a red wine of your choosing (adults only).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.