Author Notes: This recipe comes from a dinner party we were throwing on a Saturday night. We had a nauseated pregnant woman, two three year olds and "the rest of us." (Three adults with healthy appetites.) Did I mention the huge car repair bill that came out of the blue? Yeah. Let's not forget about that one. So, what do you cook on a non-existent budget? Mommy's yummy green toast! -corkage - Corkage
- 1 pound Fresh Spinach
- 1 Loaf Rustic Bread
- 4 pieces Marinated Feta Cubes, sliced or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Steam the spinach and strain but do not blot dry. Since it is going under the broiler you want a little moisture to remain.
- Slice 1/2 the loaf of artisan bread into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices. Then halve each slice.
- Place on broiler pan, top with spinach and crumbled or sliced feta. Broil at 350 for 15 minutes or until bread is golden brown but not burned.
- Serve immediately, with copious amounts of a red wine of your choosing (adults only).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner