Author Notes: I tried a similar recipe last night at a French Chain in Cambridge (UK). Their version was a mimosa, with chopped boiled eggs, served with asparagus!
This elevates the flavours with some truffle oil and a touch of Dijon mustard. Serve as you like! - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cup
- 1 large egg yolk, preferably from organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 - 2 teaspoons, or more of Dijon mustard
- 1 clove (smoked) garlic, mashed or passed through a garlic press
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup truffle oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of black or white fine truffle shavings, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse a stainless steel bowl with hot water and then dry with kitchen tissues. Put the egg yolk, sherry vinegar, mustard, mashed garlic and a tiny pinch of salt in the clean bowl. Using a large balloon whisk, whisk as you gently pour in the grapeseed oil in a thin stream. The mixture will thicken and lighten in colour as you whisk. Once the grapeseed oil is finished, continue with the olive oil till exhausted. Finish off with the truffle oil.
- Check for salt and adjust to taste. If you'd like more of a mustard flavour, gently fold in extra mustard. Finish off with fine shavings of truffles, folding some in for texture
- Serve on sarnies, or use as a dip for veggies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli