If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the simple Japanese breakfast involving a tidy circular omelette infused with sesame oil placed over a bowl of white rice cooked with green onions and soy. To my mind, it symbolizes a sort of nutritional and esthetic perfection.
This is a variant made with brown rice, miso, brined mushrooms and a fried egg that makes a nice, quiet lunch for two. —nogaga
- 1 cup short grain organic brown rice
- 1 tablespoon organic, unpasteurized Hatcho Miso
- 4 tablespoons mixed mushrooms in a salt brine (available in Russian shops)
- sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- a few flakes of red chili
- Cook the brown rice according to package specifications. Add the miso and gently mix it in about 3 minutes befre the rice is ready.
- Fry two eggs, sunny side up, in a small amount of sesame oil.
- Place half the rice in each of two bowls, place half the amount of mushrooms atop the rice, then cover with the egg. Sprinkle some sesame oil and red chili flakes on the egg, and serve.
A Toast to Toast
The best thing since sliced bread
A toast to toast.
Yes, be in a pickle.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
You gotta ketchup.