If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started making this last year - it is one of my most popular flavors among friends and family (ahem - nannydeb :-) I will tell you that peeling and pitting the peaches (say THAT 5 times fast) is a pain - the pain of peeling and pitting peaches! Ha! Anyhow - it's worth it so suck it up. You can either blanch shock and peel or use a paring knife - I opted for the latter since I bought scratch-n-dents and had to trim them anyhow. —aargersi
Serves 12 half pint jars plus some for the fridge
- 12 cups peeled, pitted and chopped peaches
- 2 cups riesling wine
- 1/4 cup minced candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon microplaned fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Vietnamese is best)
- 1 to 2 cups sugar (this is going to depend on how sweet your peaches are)
- 2 - 1.75 ounces NO SUGAR NEEDED pectin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sterilize your jars and put two spoons in the freezer. Bring the peaches and riesling to a boil in a big heavy pot. Add both gingers - I microplane the fresh ginger straight in there. Add the cinnamon. Simmer and stir for about 10 minutes until the peaches are soft. You may want to mash them a bit with a potato masher to break up the chunks.
- Whisk the pectin into 1 c sugar. Add the sugar / pectin and bring the jam back to a boil. Taste it for sweeteness and add more sugar if you need / want. Add in the butter and simmer / stir for another minute or so, then drizzle a bit of jam onto your frozen spoon. Run your finger through it, if the path stays clear your jam is done!
- Fill each jar to the first thread - this leaves 1/4 - 1/2 inch head room. Clean and dry the rim, place a dried top on (those were in hot water, right?) and secure them with a ring. Process / boil the jars for 10 minutes then remove them and let them sit undisturbed until completely cool - 12 hours minimum. That's it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.