If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw a recipe for flax seed microwave muffins the other week. I tried the recipe and found it to taste too strongly of flax seed and too dry. Like, I need a drink to get this down, dry. The concept was a good one though, especially for people who want to eat healthier but don't want a dozen muffins that they need to commit to eating. Being able to make a single muffin because you are in the mood is much more appealing. So I took his recipe and gave it a face lift.
Serves oneish depending on how you make it
- 2 tablespoons flax seed; finely ground (I use my spice grinder for this)
- 1 tablespoon pecans (grind them up with the flax seed)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- In a small bowl combine the finely ground flax seed/pecan mixture, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the mixture with a fork until it's well combined.
- Add the egg and the maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Mix it all together until it is well combined. Make sure the egg is fully Incorporated.
- Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Find two half-pint jars and spray the insides with a non-stick spray. Alternatively you can spray the inside of one coffee mug. I would use a 12oz. sized mug. Pour the mixture into the jars or the mug. Fill to just past the half way mark or you will have a blowout on your hands when you cook it.
- Place the jars or the mug into your microwave. Microwave on high for one minute and fifteen seconds. It will look like it is going to blow up all over the microwave. Don't be afraid, it won't as long as you didn't fill it to high.
- Let it cool for a minute and then dump it out of the jar or mug.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.