Author Notes: Moist. Spongy. Doesn't rise high. Best sliced thin.
Makes great French toast with that chestnutty sweetness coming through. Good crust.
What more do you want?
No don't tell me..... - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 regular loaf
- 1 cup chestnut flour, sifted
- 1 cup almond meal, sifted
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons raw flaked almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain/natural regular yogurt (not thickened)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Centigrade. Grease and line a loaf tin. Then combine all the dry ingredients - chestnut and almond meals, arrowroot powder, flaxseed meal, salt, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of the raw flaked almonds
- In another bowl combine the eggs and yogurt., whisking till well combined, about 2 -3 minutes. Stir the agave and the cider vinegar into the mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and fold in using a spatula. Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for half an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then turn out of the pan, on to a rack. Let cook and serve thin slices with cream and marmalade. Leftovers are great for French Toast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good