If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 cups fat free, low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 1 cup red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 15.5 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Cook barley according to package directions, using vegetable broth; omitting salt.
- Combine barley, bell pepper, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Gently toss with salad greens.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over barley mixture, and toss.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.