Author Notes: A few weeks ago I bought a bag of sweet mini bell peppers because they looked so pretty, but not having any plan on what to do with them. I ended up stuffing some with a ground turkey filling and then pickled a jar with this easy refrigerated pickling recipe. Great snacking or on a sandwich, they'll keep for a few weeks in the fridge. Pack the jar in the picnic basket and enjoy! - inpatskitchen
Makes one 14 to 15 ounce jar
- One 14 to 15 ounce glass jar with a lid which has been washed and sterilized
- Enough mini sweet peppers cut crosswise in one inch chunks to pack the jar leaving about 3/4 inch head room
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cane or beet sugar
- Bring the vinegar, water red pepper, garlic, salt and sugar to a boil. Pour into the pepper stuffed jar making sure to cover the peppers totally.
- Secure the lid on the jar and give it a couple of shakes. This will help with the seal.
- Let the jar of peppers cool to room temperature and then refrigerate. They'll be ready for eating the next day!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish