If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The true flavor of beets shines in this recipe. Use the freshest most seasonal beets you can find. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 3 beets, peeled (wear gloves!)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a 1-inch knob of ginger, grated
- a dozen or so leaves of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Julienne the beets, using a mandoline if you have one. (If you don't, feel free to use a good old fashioned chef's knife.)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oils, salt, and grated ginger. Pour this mixture over the beets and let it sit for an hour or two at room temperature. (You can also refrigerate it for up to a day. The flavors improve with time.)
- Immediately before serving, stir in the tarragon and mix well. Enjoy on its own or on top of a bed of greens.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Our Recent Favorite Recipes
Matcha-black sesame cheesecake, waffled grilled cheese, and more
Our recent favorite recipes.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
It's time to travel.
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Put cake on a pedestal.