Author Notes: What's better than a shrimp cocktail? And with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce you have one heck of an appetizer! - inpatskitchen
Serves quite a few as an appetizer
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp, tails on ( the larger the better!)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 bay leaf, halved
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek ( or more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Salt for seasoning
- In a 4 to 6 quart pot bring 3 quarts water, the lemon quarters and the bay leaf up to a rolling boil. Add the shrimp, bring back up to just barely simmering, put a lid on the pot and turn off the heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then drain in a colander, rinse and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Place the mayo, Sambal Oelek, lime juice, honey and raspberries in the bowl of a mini food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and add salt and more Sambal Oelek if desired.
- Place sauce in a serving bowl and surround with beautiful shrimp!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries