If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's better than a shrimp cocktail? And with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce you have one heck of an appetizer! - inpatskitchen
Serves quite a few as an appetizer
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp, tails on ( the larger the better!)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 bay leaf, halved
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek ( or more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Salt for seasoning
- In a 4 to 6 quart pot bring 3 quarts water, the lemon quarters and the bay leaf up to a rolling boil. Add the shrimp, bring back up to just barely simmering, put a lid on the pot and turn off the heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then drain in a colander, rinse and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Place the mayo, Sambal Oelek, lime juice, honey and raspberries in the bowl of a mini food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and add salt and more Sambal Oelek if desired.
- Place sauce in a serving bowl and surround with beautiful shrimp!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.