Author Notes: Cook like a real Italian by barely cooking at all. I loosely based this salad on a bruschetta that I once had in Rome. Enjoy this healthy and filling salad in all of its simplicity by using the best and freshest ingredients you can find.
http://myfarefoodie.blogspot.com/2011/07/italian-tuna-and-farro-salad.html - MyFareFoodie
- 1/2 cup pearled Italian farro
- 5 ounces premium tuna packed in olive oil - Genova brand is great
- bunches arugula
- handfuls olives, pitted and halved - I used Gaeta olives, but Kalamatas work too
- 1 tablespoon capers
- handfuls grape tomatoes, halved
- bunches parsley, chopped
- splashes fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook farro according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Toss with tuna and its packed olive oil. Mix in arugula, olives, capers, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and additional olive oil, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe