If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cook like a real Italian by barely cooking at all. I loosely based this salad on a bruschetta that I once had in Rome. Enjoy this healthy and filling salad in all of its simplicity by using the best and freshest ingredients you can find.
http://myfarefoodie.blogspot.com/2011/07/italian-tuna-and-farro-salad.html - MyFareFoodie
- 1/2 cup pearled Italian farro
- 5 ounces premium tuna packed in olive oil - Genova brand is great
- bunches arugula
- handfuls olives, pitted and halved - I used Gaeta olives, but Kalamatas work too
- 1 tablespoon capers
- handfuls grape tomatoes, halved
- bunches parsley, chopped
- splashes fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook farro according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Toss with tuna and its packed olive oil. Mix in arugula, olives, capers, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and additional olive oil, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.