If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is adapted from The Splendid Table's recipe for slow-cooked zucchini pasta sauce. - linzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3-4 zucchini and summer squash, any variety, sliced into coins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add pancetta, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. Turn heat to low, add garlic, and cook another minute or two.
- Turn heat to medium-low, add zucchini, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta water and cook linguine according to directions on package. Drain, reserving about a half-cup of the cooking liquid.
- When linguine is almost done, add cherry tomatoes and radicchio to the zucchini, and cook until radicchio is just wilted. Add creme fraiche and herbs, and cook until thickened.
- Add drained linguine to the zucchini sauce, and if sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water. Stir until pasta and sauce are well incorporated. Just before serving, top with grated parmesan.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.