If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 'Sundal' stir fries are to South Indians what Shrimp was to Bubba in the movie Forrest Gump..We tend to make Sundal out of almost anything..peanuts, Fresh edamame, Fava beans...Anything that remotely resembles a bean or grain & the South Indian Eyes reflect a bowl of Sundal stirfried with shallots, Fresh chilies & a Sprig of curry leaves! - Panfusine
Makes ~ 2 cups
- 2 ears of corn on the cob
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup Finely diced shallots or the white part of scallions
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 small green chillies cut into small pieces
- Boil the corn cobs in salted water adding turmeric to impart color.
- Remove from the water, allow to cool & remove the kernels off from the cob.
- heat oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds, when they sputter, add the shallots, green chiles, torn curry leaves and asafetida. Saute till the shallots turn translucent.
- Add the boiled corn, paprika & any extra salt as required, stir to combine. Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 5-7 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with lemon juice & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob