If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A variation of Masala Vada, a common comfort food in India - Panfusine
Makes 12-15 pieces
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 cup rehydrated split yellow mung dal
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida powder
- 1-2 tablespoons rice flour (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Canola oil for deep frying
- Shear the corn kernels off the cob,Combine with the rehydrated mung dal, chili, asafetida & salt in a food processor & process to a coarse & chunky thick paste/batter. If the batter appears runny, add the rice flour to thicken it to the consistency of cookie batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan, Using a cookie dough scoop, ladle batter onto your palm & flatten. Gently drop the flattened batter into the hot oil & fry till golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to absorb any extra oil. Serve hot with any chutney or aioli of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob