If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I stole the idea for creamless "creamed" corn from Kevin Gillespie and changed the ingredients to include some of the things I absolutely love with both crab (or lobster, feel free to sub!) and corn. Enjoy! - JessicaBakes —JessicaBakes
Food52 Review: The use of vanilla bean is an intriguing spice combination for corn and crab as both key ingredients are sweet. The saffron adds a sour-bitter punchv ... a little goes a long way. I would like to see an actual number of threads recommended because I find a "pinch" is difficult to judge. IMHO, I would not use more than 5. While the recipe was certainly tasty as written, it screamed (quietly) for some butter and some herbs. After following the recipe and tasting, I added some fresh dill and 2 Tbsp of melted butter and some fresh pea shoots. - lorigoldsby —lorigoldsby
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon slices, to serve
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab meat
- 1 large pinch saffron
- 1/4 vanilla bean, cut in half and beans extracted
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Grate 4 ears of your corn, using a box grater, into a large bowl. Be sure to do this over the bowl so as to gather all of the juices. Then, cut the corn kernels off your other 4 ears and add them to the bowl. Finally, using the dull side of the knife, scrape the juices from the cobs into the bowl.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a saucepan. Once hot, add the corn and all of its juices, saffron and vanilla and saute until corn is thick and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the crab and cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Have Towel, Will Travel
We give it 8 tentacles up
We give it 8 tentacles up.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
Octopi my heart.