If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When fresh corn on the cob hits the produce stands I always enjoy pan roasting or grilling the kernels or cobs. The flavor is just so intense especially when sprinkled with smoked paprika and infused with the heat of a poblano pepper. Toss in a little cilantro and lime and you have a simple yet flavor packed side dish, hot or cold. This year I decided to step it up for a block party I was hosting! I added crispy bacon, crunchy sweet red pepper and maple lime vinaigrette. Oh my, I just wanted to lap up the tantalizing roasted corn and poblano salad. I would have but the neighbors were watching and piling their plates with this inviting corn salad that is made with basic friendly ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh limejuice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 5 ears fresh white or yellow corn, shucked
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chop in ½-inch pieces, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon & pepper seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 slices of bacon, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, and hot sauce until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat a large (11-inch or bigger) high walled skillet on medium-high for 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, heat, and sprinkle with corn kernels and poblano pieces, paprika, garlic salt, lemon pepper, and cumin. Stir corn and poblanos every 2-minutes until corn is slightly roasted and brown, about 6-minutes total. Pour roasted corn and poblanos into a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet or wait and use the same skillet over medium heat, cook bacon about 3 minutes or until limp. Add onion; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until bacon is browned, stirring occasionally. Add bacon and onions (I included the bacon fat), sweet red peppers, and cilantro to the corn mixture; stir well. Pour maple lime vinaigrette over roasted corn salad and mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Optional: Line salad bowl with lettuce leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Your Favorite Items for a Wedding Registry
Wedding season approaches.
Wedding registry must haves.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wildcard Winner Recap
Do you haiku?