If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy dinner using a variety of fresh tomatoes in whatever size and color winter or summer. You can roast some of the tomatoes canned or fresh for a hearty winter version. There is a good recipe for the canned tomatoes over at the Splendid Table site.
Great for a casual dinner party. Serve with savory polenta or orzo risotto and a salad. - ibbeachnana
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into1-1 1/2 pieces
- 3/4 inch piece of pancetta, small dice
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig thyme leaves removed and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 3/4-1 cups light dry red wine
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomato assortment, halved
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (save juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Final tablespoon of butter to finish
- Cook pancetta in 2 tablespoons EVOO and a tablespoon butter, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add thyme, sage and rosemary, cook stirring, 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook, stirring until chicken is no longer pink on the outside, 3-4 minutes. Add shallots, garlic, carrot, celery, cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add drained tomato juice and wine and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in a tablespoon of butter and check seasonings. Can be made a day ahead, cooled chilled covered.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Tags: easily doubled