If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created my gluten-free recipe from compiling close to two dozen wheat based zucchini bread recipes (because I didn't have a wheat recipe that I really thought was good enough to convert)! It has fresh grated zucchini (and who doesn't have a lot of zucchini at this time of year), chopped walnuts and a touch of cinnamon. I added a bit of cinnamon sugar on top- but it isn't necessary. It comes from my new blog- MyGluten-FreeTable.Com. - Annalise Roberts
Makes three 3x5 loaves
- 2 cups Brown Rice Flour Mix*
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Position rack in center of oven. Grease three 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Put shredded zucchini in a small bowl and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and nutmeg in large mixing bowl. Add zucchini and nuts; stir to coat evenly
- Combine milk and oil in small bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add liquids to zucchini nut mixture and stir until just blended.
- Fill loaf pans with batter. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake 35-40 minutes until light golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 8 minutes on a rack and then remove from pan. Cool completely before serving or wrapping for storage.
- Cooks Note: Store bread covered tightly with plastic wrap in refrigerator for up to five days. Can be covered with plastic wrap and then with foil and stored in freezer for up to six weeks. Best when eaten within four days of baking. To make cinnamon sugar, combine 2 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Notes to Make Brown Rice flour mix: (Makes 3 cups) 2 cups extra finely ground brown rice flour (Authentic Foods brand works best, King Arthur brand works second best) 2/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour) 1/3 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls