If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by the father of one of my sister's co-workers. He used to go out in the morning with a vodka filled syringe & give a shot to his cherry tomatoes. At the end of the day, he'd go pick his cocktails. Here's to Dieter... - Helen's All Night Diner - Helen's All Night Diner
Food52 Review: Helen's All Night Diner gives us an ingenious way to enjoy a fresh and powerful bloody Mary housed in a cherry tomato. By using a syringe to inject a home-brewed fresh horseradish vodka generously laced with black pepper and a little cayenne, the tomato becomes the cocktail. If you get clinical, you can decide just how strong to make each cherry tomato. If you inject 48 tomatoes each with a teaspoon, then you could consume 6 tomatoes would give you 2 tablespoons or one ounce. Depending upon how much vodka you can inject in each tomato, you can calculate your portions. By letting the injected cocktail rest inside the tomato for an hour, these do pack a delicious punch. A very neat and clever recipe! - Sagegreen - Sagegreen
- 1 cup good quality vodka
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 1 3" piece lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a glass jar, shake to stir. Let sit to infuse for about a week in the fridge, shaking every day. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, store in another clean container.
- When ready to make your cocktails, you will need a food grade syringe, the kind you use for marinating fried turkeys and such. Fill the syringe with your infused vodka, carefully pierce each cherry tomato and fill with a bit of the vodka, being careful not to burst them. Let sit for about an hour, then serve - only the the over 21 crowd, please!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes