If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A family favorite! Ideal for New Year's morning, or Christmas morning, or any morning after an "eve". We've taken your guilty-pleasure Chinese fried rice and added the breakfasty goodness of American bacon and eggs. —AmandaCooks
- 4 cups cooked Calrose rice
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (greens only)
- soy sauce
- Chop the uncooked bacon into 1/2-1 inch squares. Cook them in a wok until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and set it aside, leaving enough bacon grease to generously coat the wok. Saute the onion and garlic in the bacon grease until the onion has taken on some color (golden brown.)
- Add the cooked bacon back into the wok, add the cooked rice and mix well. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Push the rice mixture up the sides of the wok to create a 4-inch hole in the center. Add 4 of the eggs, cracking them into the center of the wok. Let them start to cook - about 3-4 minutes - before mixing them into the rice mixture. Continue stirring until the egg is cooked.
- While the eggs are cooking, make 6 sunny-side up eggs.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion over the fried rice. Scoop the breakfast fried rice into individual bowls. Add a single, sunny-side up egg on the top of each individual serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.