If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've made quiche for years and mostly make quiche with crust. I was feeling lazy and had leftover mushrooms, leeks, and cream in the refrigerator so I decided to make a crustless quiche. It was such a hit with my husband that I made it for a women's group who loved it as well.
The basic quiche formula I go with is 4 eggs plus enough milk/cream to equal 2 cups total liquid including the eggs (if fewer eggs or more eggs, just go with 1 egg plus enough liquid to make 1/2 cup for each egg). Then I add whatever sautéed vegetables I want and add about 8 oz. of cheese.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables are fresh in season and change the type of milk to fit your tastes and it always tastes good. —Debbie Lawson
- 4 eggs, placed in 2 cup measuring cup
- 3 ounces cream or half and half
- 3/4-1 cups nonfat milk (or 1-2% milk)--enough to make 2 cups total liquid when combined with the eggs and 3 oz. of cream. I use non-fat milk since the cream or half and half will make it rich enough.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thinly or leek (white part only, sliced thin)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms such as Cremini
- 8 ounces cheese, grated. See cheese note.
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Cheese note: Use about 8 oz. grated cheese. I use 3 different cheeses each equaling 1/3 of the 8 oz. total. The 3 cheeses: 1/3 Comte, 1/3 Gruyere, and 1/3 Cougar Gold cheddar.
- Add 1 T olive oil (use the 2nd Tablespoon as needed) to medium size saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the shallots or leeks and saute until soft. Add the mushrooms and continue sauteing until the mushrooms and shallots are soft and starting to caramelize.
- Put the eggs in a 2 cup measuring cup and use a fork to blend slightly. Add the 3 oz. of cream. Then add the milk (about 3/4 c to 1 c depending on the size of the eggs) to the 2 cup mark on the measuring cup. This will give you 2 total cups of liquid.
- Add the grated cheeses to the egg/milk mixture. Then add the sauteed vegetables and mix well to distribute the cheeses and vegetables in the liquid. Pour the mixture into a 9" pie pan and bake for 40-45 mins. at 350 degrees. Quiche should be browned (not burned) on top. Check the quiche at about 35 mins. If it's browning too quickly, then cover with foil. When done, let rest about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.