If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made a fresh jar of fig pear balsamic jam the week of Thanksgiving. I was looking to make some sort of an appetizer for my family's Thanksgiving party and being that we are Italian, we love our meat. So, I thought salty proscuitto would pair perfectly with the tangy goat cheese, peppery arugula, and sweet fig jam. It was absolutely delicious. —misschels
Makes 24 rolls
Fig Pear and Balsamic Jam
- 1.5 pounds figs, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- .5 pounds pears, peeled and pit removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- .5 cups balsamic vinegar
- .25 cups fresh lemon juice
Proscuitto, Goat Cheese, and Fig, Pear, Balsamic Jam Rolls
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 12 pieces proscuitto, cut in half crosswise
- .5 cups goat cheese (chevre)
- .25 cups fig, pear, balsamic jam
- For the jam, combine the figs, pears, brown sugar, and balsamic in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium to high heat. Then lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook.
- Break up the large pieces and stir periodically until the jam thickens.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze about a tablespoon of lemon juice, stir. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Spoon the jam into a container with a lid.
- Using sterilized jars, spoon into jars, seal jarm and process in boiling water for 10 minutes. Let cool and lids should seal.
- For the prosciutto rolls, place arugula in a medium bow. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, evoo, salt, and pepper. Toss the arugula in the dressing until lightly dressed (you may not need all of the dressing).
- Spread one tablespoon of goat cheese across one of each piece of prosciutto. Top each with 1/2 tsp. fig, pear, and balsamic jam. Divide the dressed arugula evenly across each of the pieces of prosciutto. Starting from the end covered with the filling, carefully roll each piece of prosciutto. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge
Just Pudding It out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.