If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love whole grains and this is more a method than a recipe. I also make this with Kashi, Farro, or winterberries. —WCmom
The Barley portion
- 1 shallot
- 11/2 cup Pearl barley, or any grain you enjoy
- 1 quart chicken stock, may change depending on grain
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
roasted veggies of your choice, below listed what I like.
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil, salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 handful toasted chopped walnuts
- saute shallot in olive oil until soft. Add in barley and saute barley with shallot for a couple minutes until you can smell a nuttiness. Lastly add in sage and saute another minute. Add in chicken stock, and cook by directions on grain packaging.
- Roast veggies chopped up in similar sizes sizes tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper in 425* oven until soft and golden. To assemble, put Barley mixture in a bowl, top with roasted veggies. Finished with freshly grated parmesan cheese and lots of toasted walnuts. Yum!
Just Chill Out
It's hot as blazes outside—these recipes help
Chill out with these recipes.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.