If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves about 8 people
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons instant mashed potatoes
- a big pinches of cayenne
- 1 cup of cold club soda
- 2-3 cups Panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- olive oil for frying
- 2-3 yellow onions, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- some sea salt
- Mix in a bowl the dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, instant mashed potatoes and the cayenne). Pour the soda into the bowl and stir well. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a shallow pan to be ready. Cut the onions (if you haven't already) 1/4-inch but not any thicker otherwise they won't cook. Carefully separate them to rings.
- Dub in the bowl a few rings at a time, pull them out with a fork and sink them in the breadcrumbs.Remove them carefully one at a time and place them right in the frying pan.
- Oil's temperature must be 350 F. Fry them until golden brown (about 3 minutes). When ready salt them well. Turn off the heat. Serve them to a plate. Take a fork. Open your mouth. Use the fork to transport food from the plate into your mouth. Enjoy! :)
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup