If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Celery has the most fantastic crunch, making it a great salad ingredient. To make my own blue cheese dressing lower calorie & lower sodium I 'extend' the dressing with celery puree.
Enjoy on any salad or this Celery Spinach Salad with crunch! —BoulderGalinTokyo
Makes 2 cups dressing
Celery in Blue-Cheese Salad Dressing
- 1 stalk celery, strings peeled
- 1 egg, very fresh
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons organic cider vinegar, (Bragg)
- 1 packet sweetener (Sweet-n-Low) or Agave (1 teaspoon) )
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard (Westbrae Natural Stoneground)
- 3 ounces blue cheese (85 g.) (St. Clemens Danablu)
- salt, if needed
- In food processor or blender, mix the first five ingredients.
- With processor running, add the olive oil through the chute in a steady stream. Do not over process.
- Chunk celery stalk into 8 pieces or so. Break blue cheese into sixths. Add mustard, garlic clove halves, celery chunks and blue cheese. Process until celery is smooth. (I like to leave some blue cheese chunks.) Add salt, if needed.
Celery Spinach Salad
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 cups salad spinach, washed and spun
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes, as you like
- Mix spinach and onions together. Put on serving plate and sprinkle celery all over. Add tomatoes and enjoy with Celery Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.