If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why not put healthy crunchy celery and tobiko (flying fish caviar) into a crab rangoon-like filling? Maybe it will help squelch my guilt as I finish off a platter by myself?!
—LE BEC FIN
Makes about 12
Celery Crab Rangoon Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese,softened, room temperature
- 6 ounces kanikama- japanese crab stick *
- 1/3-1/2 cups minced scallion, green and white parts
- 1/2 cup peeled celery,finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tobiko (flying fish caviar)
- 12 green scallion stems , limp
- In a mini processor whisk cream cheese until fluffy. Add crab and pulse til finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in scallion, celery and tobiko. Set aside in a small bowl.
- * As with most Japanese food items, the more expensive the kanikama, the better the flavor quality.Kanikama and tobiko can be found in most Asian markets.
Assembly and Frying of Firecrackers /Beggar's Purses
- 12 square egg roll wrappers, smaller size, 5" square
- 1 1/2 cups crab and celery filling
- 12 each 6" lengths of wilted scallion stems
- 4-6 cups canola oil for deep frying
- For the firecracker form,follow package directions, filling each with 1/8 cup of mixture.Tie the middle with a piece of wilted scallion.
- Deep fry in oil at least 3" deep and at 375 degrees F until medium brown, about 4-5 minutes.Do not crowd the pot. Drain on doubled paper towels on a bed of newspapers.Serve as is.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe