Author Notes: All the ingredients of the original salad plus a lovely Pinot Grigio cream of celery sauce and crumbled bleu cheese. - Tess Gardner
- 8 ounces thin pizza crust
- 2 Gala apples, julienned
- 8 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup Walnut pieces
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 ounce Pinot Grigio
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red grape halves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Peel and julienne apples; set aside.
- Chop celery stalks; set aside.
- In a meduim saucepan, combine heavy cream, 1/2 of the chopped celery and Pinot Grigio. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until celery is soft and sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Baste top of thin pizza crust with olive oil. Generously spread cream of celery mixture over crust. Top with apples, walnuts, grapes, bleu cheese and remaining chopped celery.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. and bake on center rack for 8-10 minutes or until crust edges are golden brown. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe