Author Notes: This stir fry is simple and delicious! This twist on traditional stir fry incorporates coconut milk, Jamaican spices and vegetables often found in Jamaican cooking. - Tarah
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Heat oil in a large wok or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions to pan. Stir fry until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add additional vegetables to pan and stir fry until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, seasoning, hot sauce and lime juice to pan. Stir fry over medium heat until liquid has soaked in, around 5 minutes
- Serve vegetarian style or top with chicken, fish, or shrimp for a delicious island meal!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe