If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bitter-sweet grapefruit pairs beautifully with winter produce like Belgian endive, red leaf lettuce, and pomegranate seeds. Pickled hearts of palm add tang while feta cheese is salty and creamy. Ginger and orange come together for a bright and zippy salad dressing. It's a generous recipe that will easily feed 4 for a main lunch course. - la domestique
For the salad
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 green onions, white parts only, sliced into discs
- 1/2 cup sliced hearts of palm
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
For the vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (using a microplane)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the ginger, orange zest, orange juice, white wine vinegar, and honey to combine. Add a pinch of salt and a bit of freshly ground black pepper. While continually whisking, gradually drizzle in extra virgin olive oil to form an emulsion. Set vinaigrette aside while you compose the salad.
- Compose the salad on a platter. Toss the endive, red lettuce, green onions, and hearts of palm to combine. Arrange the grapefruit throughout the salad. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to evenly distribute it.
- Garnish the salad with toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and crumbled feta. Serve immediately.